Advisory : Filing of Quarterly Returns FORM GSTR1
- Taxpayers opting for quarterly filing of return will have to select the last month of the quarter from the drop down menu.
- However, for the month of July 2017, GSTR-1 has to be filed separately by all taxpayers, as option to file quarterly returns is applicable for returns from August 2017 onwards.
- If a taxpayer opts to file quarterly return, and their annual turnover is less than Rs 1.5 Cr (on basis of their turnover in previous financial year or in case of new registration obtained after 1st July 2017, expected turnover for current financial year), then in such cases GSTR-1 of August, 2017 is disabled and he can file details for August and September, 2017 in GSTR 1 of September, 2017 and so on.
- Thus, taxpayers who opt for quarterly return filing will have to file GSTR-1 of the various tax periods in the following manner:
- For July: Monthly (by choosing July from drop down menu)
- For 2nd Quarter (August and Sept 2017): Quarterly, by choosing September 2017
- For 3rd Quarter (Oct-Dec 2017 ): Quarterly, by choosing December 2017
- Taxpayer who has already filed GSTR 1 for July 2017, will not be able to revise the same. However, amendment relating to invoices and other relevant document of July 2017 can be made through amendment Table (Table 9).
- Once taxpayer has chosen the option ‘Quarterly’, they cannot change this option in the remaining part of the financial year 2017-18. Thus, they will be required to file Quarterly returns and they cannot opt for Monthly filing of returns during current financial year.
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Judgments||GST Judgments|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|
|GST History||GST History and Background Material|