HIGH COURT OF ALLAHABAD
Union of India
WRIT TAX NO. 319 OF 2019
MARCH 14, 2019
Aditya Pandey for the Petitioner.
1. Heard Sri Aditya Pandey, learned counsel for the petitioner as well as learned Counsel for the respondents.
2. The petitioner seeks a writ of mandamus directing the GST council respondent no.2 to make recommendations to the Commissioner to extend the time period for filing of GST Tran-1 in the case of the petitioner because his application was not entertained on the last date i.e. 27.12.2017 and he is permitted to file his complete GST TRAN-1 for the necessary transactional credits as per amended Rule 117(1A).
3. The petitioner has alleged in the petition that despite making several efforts on the last date for filing of the application, the electronic system of the respondent no.2 did not respond, as a result of which the petitioner is likely to suffer loss of the credit that it is entitled to by passage of time.
4. In view of the above, the respondents are. directed to open the portal before 31st of March 2019. In the event they do not do so, they will entertain the GST TRAN-1 of the petitioner manually and pass orders on it after due verification of the credits as claimed by the petitioner. They will also ensure that the petitioner is allowed to pay its taxes on the regular electronic system also which is being maintained for use of the credit likely to be considered for the petitioner.
5. Learned Counsel for the respondents may file a counter affidavit within a month.
6. List this matter on 16.04.2019.