CHAPTER — ASSESSMENT AND AUDIT
1. Provisional Assessment
(1) Every registered person requesting for payment of tax on a provisional basis in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of Section 60 shall furnish an application along with the documents in support of his request, electronically, in FORM GST ASMT-01 on the Common Portal, either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the Commissioner.
(2) The proper officer may, on receipt of the application under sub-rule (1), issue a notice in FORM GST ASMT – 02 requiring the registered person to furnish additional information or documents in support of his request and the applicant shall file a reply to the notice in FORM GST ASMT -03, and may appear in person before the said officer if he so desires.
(3) The proper officer shall issue an order in FORM GST ASMT – 04, allowing payment of tax on a provisional basis indicating the value or the rate or both on the basis of which the assessment is to be allowed on a provisional basis and the amount for which the bond is to be executed and security to be furnished not exceeding twenty five per cent. of the amount covered under the bond.
(4) The registered person shall execute a bond in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2) of Section 60 in FORM GST ASMT – 05 along with a security in the form of a bank guarantee for an amount as determined under sub rule (3):
Provided that a bond furnished to the proper officer under the Central/State Goods and Services Tax Act or Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act shall be deemed to be a bond furnished under the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder.
Explanation.- For the purposes of this rule, the term “amount” shall include the amount of integrated tax, central tax, State tax or Union territory tax and cess payable in respect of the transaction.
(5) The proper officer shall issue a notice in FORM GST ASMT- 06, calling for information and records required for finalization of assessment under sub-section (3) of Section 60 and shall issue a final assessment order, specifying the amount payable by the registered person or the amount refundable, if any, in FORM GST ASMT – 07.
(6) The applicant may file an application in FORM GST ASMT -08 for release of security furnished under sub-rule (4) after issue of order under sub-rule (5).
(7) The proper officer shall release the security furnished under sub-rule (4), after ensuring that the applicant has paid the amount specified in sub-rule (5) and issue an order in FORM GST ASMT – 09 within a period of seven working days from the date of receipt of the application under sub-rule (6).
2. Scrutiny of returns
(1) Where any return furnished by a registered person is selected for scrutiny, the proper officer shall scrutinize the same in accordance with the provisions of Section 61 with reference to the information available with him, and in case of any discrepancy, he shall issue a notice to the said person in FORM GST ASMT – 10, informing him of such discrepancy and seeking his explanation thereto within such time, not exceeding thirty days from the date of service of the notice or such further period as may be permitted by him and also, where possible, quantifying the amount of tax, interest and any other amount payable in relation to such discrepancy.
(2) The registered person may accept the discrepancy mentioned in the notice issued under sub-rule (1), and pay the tax, interest and any other amount arising from such discrepancy and inform the same or furnish an explanation for the discrepancy in FORM GST ASMT – 11 to the proper officer.
(3) Where the explanation furnished by the registered person or the information submitted under sub-rule (2) is found to be acceptable, the proper officer shall inform him accordingly in FORM GST ASMT – 12.
3. Assessment in certain cases.
(2) The proper officer shall issue a notice to a taxable person in accordance with the provisions of Section 63 in FORM GST ASMT – 14 containing the grounds on which the assessment is proposed to be made on best judgment basis and after allowing a time of fifteen days to such person to furnish his reply, if any, pass an order in FORM GST ASMT – 15.
(1) The period of audit to be conducted under sub-section (1) of Section 65 shall be a financial year or multiples thereof.
(2) Where it is decided to undertake the audit of a registered person in accordance with the provisions of Section 65, the proper officer shall issue a notice in FORM GST ADT-01 in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (3) of the said section.
(3) The proper officer authorised to conduct audit of the records and books of account of the registered person shall, with the assistance of the team of officers and officials accompanying him, verify the documents on the basis of which the books of account are maintained and the returns and statements furnished under the Act and the rules made there under, the correctness of the turnover, exemptions and deductions claimed, the rate of tax applied in respect of supply of goods or services or both, the input tax credit availed and utilized, refund claimed, and other relevant issues and record the observations in his audit notes.
(4) The proper officer may inform the registered person of the discrepancies noticed, if any, as observations of the audit and the said person may file his reply and the proper officer shall finalise the findings of the audit after due consideration of the reply furnished.
5. Special Audit
(1) Where special audit is required to be conducted in accordance with the provisions of Section 66, the officer referred to in the said section shall issue a direction in FORM GST ADT-03 to the registered person to get his records audited by a chartered accountant or a cost accountant specified in the said direction.
(2) On conclusion of special audit, the registered person shall be informed of the findings of special audit in FORM GST ADT-04.
Download Final GST Assessment Formats
|Sr No||Form No.||Title of the Form|
|1.||GST ASMT 1||Application for Provisional Assessment under Section 60|
|2.||GST ASMT 2||Notice for Seeking Additional Information / Clarification / Documents for provisional/ Final assessment|
|3.||GST ASMT 3||Reply to the notice seeking additional information|
|4.||GST ASMT 4||Order of Acceptance or Rejection of Provisional Assessment Order|
|5.||GST ASMT 5||Furnishing of Security|
|6.||GST ASMT 6||Notice for Seeking Additional Information / Clarification / Documents for final assessment|
|7.||GST ASMT 7||Final Assessment Order|
|8.||GST ASMT 8||Application for Withdrawal of Security|
|9.||GST ASMT 9||Order for release of security or rejecting the application|
|10.||GST ASMT 10||Notice for intimating discrepancies in the return after scrutiny|
|11.||GST ASMT 11||Reply to the notice issued under Section 61 intimating discrepancies in the return|
|12.||GST ASMT 12||Order of acceptance of reply against the notice issued under Section 61|
|13.||GST ASMT 13||Assessment order under Section 62|
|14.||GST ASMT 14||Show Cause Notice for assessment under Section 63.|
|15.||GST ASMT 15||Assessment order under Section 63.|
|16.||GST ASMT 16||Assessment order under Section 64|
|17.||GST ASMT 17||Application for withdrawal of assessment order issued under Section 64|
|18.||GST ASMT 18||Acceptance or Rejection of application filed under Section 64(2)|
Download All Assessment Formats in PDF
Download Final Audit Formats
|Sr No||Form No||Content|
|1||GST ADT 1||Notice for conducting audit|
|2||GST ADT 2||Audit Report under Section 65 (6)|
|3||GST ADT 3||Communication to the registered person for conduct of special audit under Section 66|
|4||GST ADT 4||Information of Findings upon Special Audit|
Download All Final Audit Formats
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|Press Release||GST Press Release|
|Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|