Capital Gains Tax – Law and Practice (As amended by the Finance Act, 2017) T G Suresh (Author)
Capital Gains Tax — Law and Practice comprehensively covers legal and practical aspects governing taxation of short term and long term capital gains as provided under Chapter IV(E) of the Income-tax Act, 1961. The third edition has been thoroughly revised and updated in view of amendments brought in by the Finance Act, 2017.
- Incorporates all relevant Notifications, Circulars and Schemes up to March 2017
- Special emphasis on Business Restructuring transactions, Real Estate transactions, Cross Border transactions and transactions in Securities
- Judicial view has been examined and reconciled at appropriate places
- Practical scenarios and illustrations discussed for better understanding
- Apex Court’s decisions/interpretation are appropriately highlighted and considered
- Comprehensive analysis on transactions by non-residents and relevant tax implications
- Includes TDS and Advance Tax provisions
- Drafted like a ‘capital gains reckoner’ for easier reference
- Controversial provisions are reconciled appropriately to reduce/avoid litigation
This book is a must have for tax professionals seeking solutions for technical issues relating to capital gains to advise their clients.
Price Rs 670. Click to buy online
- Paperback: 572 pages
- Publisher: Lexis Nexis; 3rd Edition 2017 edition (2017)
About the author
T G Suresh is presently Senior Partner of Suresh & Balaji, Chartered Accountants. A Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant and Company Secretary, he has over 28 years of hands-on experience in direct tax, international tax as well as in foreign exchange laws. He is a faculty to the Maruti Coaching, Chennai, and also a visiting faculty for income-tax in various branches of ICAI, ICSI and ICMAI. He has been a faculty for the ITOs at the National Academy of Direct Taxes, Chennai, and was also a special invitee to the Budget Recommendation Committee of the ICAI (SIRC). He has presented papers in various forums of the ICAI, ICMAI, Association of Chartered Accountants, CA Study Circle, Chennai, Madras Chamber of Commerce, Sindhi Chamber of Commerce, Hire Purchase Association, Society of Auditors and other Professional bodies.
He has several published books and articles in professional journals and business newspapers to his credit. He is a co-opted member of international taxation committee for the year 2016-17 and Special Invitee of the committee for the financial year 2017- 18 of ICAI and direct tax committee of SIRC of ICAI for the financial year 2016-17 and 2017-18. He is co-coordinator for intensive workshop conducted by ICAI for 2014 and 2016.
Related Books of Income Tax