MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 19th February, 2018
[Notification No. 10/2018/F. No. 370142/14/2017-TPL]
G.S.R. 176(E).___In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (aa) and clause (ab) of sub-section (1) of section 12A read with section 295 of the Incometax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:___
1. (1) These rules may be called the Income-tax (First Amendment) Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962 (hereafter referred to as the principal rules), in Part IV, for ‘rule 17A’, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:___
“Application for registration of charitable or religious trusts, etc.
17A (1). An application under clause (aa) or clause (ab) of sub-section (1) of section 12A for registration of a charitable or religious trust or institution shall be made in Form No. 10A and accompanied by the following documents, namely:___
(a) where the trust is created, or the institution is established, under an instrument, self-certified copy of the instrument creating the trust or establishing the institution;
(b) where the trust is created, or the institution is established, otherwise than under an instrument, self-certified copy of the document evidencing the creation of the trust, or establishment of the institution;
(c) self-certified copy of registration with Registrar of Companies or Registrar of Firms and Societies or Registrar of Public Trusts, as the case may be;
(d) self-certified copy of the documents evidencing adoption or modification of the objects, if any;
(e) where the trust or institution has been in existence during any year or years prior to the financial year in which the application for registration is made, self certified copies of the annual accounts of the trust or institution relating to such prior year or years (not being more than three years immediately preceding the year
in which the said application is made) for which such accounts have been made up;
(f) note on the activities of the trust or institution;
(g) self-certified copy of existing order granting registration under section 12A or section 12AA, as the case may be; and
(h) self-certified copy of order of rejection of application for grant of registration under section 12A or section 12AA,as the case may be, if any.
(2) Form No. 10A shall be furnished electronically,___
(i) under digital signature, if the return of income is required to be furnished under digital signature;
(ii) through electronic verification code in a case not covered under clause (i).
(3) Form No. 10A shall be verified by the person who is authorised to verify the return of income under section 140, as applicable to the assessee.
(4) The Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems) or the Director General of Income-tax (Systems), as the case may be, shall specify the data structure, standards and procedure of furnishing and verification of Form No. 10A and be responsible for formulating and implementing appropriate security, archival and retrieval policies in relation to the said form so furnished.”.
3. In the principal rules, in Appendix II, for the ‘Form No. 10A’, the following Form shall be substituted, namely:__
“FORM NO. 10A
(See rule 17A)
Download Notification and Form No 10A