GSTR 3B Offline Utility
The excel based GSTR 3B offline utility is designed to help the taxpayer to prepare the GSTR 3B return offline. The utility can be downloaded from this link.Download
- Before you extract the downloaded file, ensure that the file is not corrupted. How do I know that my file is not corrupt? Click here to know more.
How do I know if downloaded GSTR3B_Excel_Utility.zip file is not corrupt?
Match one of the values provided in your downloaded file with the ones mentioned below. If there is an exact match, then your file is not corrupted. Else, download again.
Where do I find the values?
Windows : (Run from windows power shell)
Get-FileHash <<FileUrl>> -Algorithm <<SHA256>>
Eg: Get-FileHash C:\Users\Test\Downloads\GSTR3B_Excel_Utility.zip -Algorithm SHA256
Your unique values:
To use the GSTR3B offline utility tool efficiently, ensure that you have the following installed on your system:
- Operating system Windows 7 or above.
- Microsoft Excel 2007 & above
Introduction to Excel Based GSTR 3B Offline Utility
1. The Excel based GSTR 3B Offline Utility is designed to help taxpayer to prepare his GSTR 3B return offline
2. Details for following sections of GSTR 3B return can be added by taxpayer using the offline Utility
3.1 Details of Outward Supplies and inward supplies liable to reverse charge
3.2 Of the supplies shown in 3.1 (a) above, details of inter-State supplies made to unregistered persons, composition taxable persons and UIN holders
4. Eligible ITC
5. Values of exempt, nil-rated and non-GST inward supplies
5.1 Interest & late fee payable
3. The Offline tool has following features to help taxpayer in Return Preparation
1. ‘Clear All’ : To clear all data entered in the Offline Utility and reset it. This enables to use same the template for multiple tax periods and taxpayers.
2. ‘Validate’ : To validate the data entered in various Tables of GSTR 3B in the Offline Utility For the cells that fail validation a comment field would be abcaus,in enabled with help text on validation failure
3. ‘Sheet Status’ : Reflects the Validation status of data entered in the GSTR 3B worksheet of this offline Utility Status can be as follows
3.1 Validation Successful : All entered details have been validated successfully
3.2 Validation Failed: One or More cells have failed validation across the worksheet
4. ‘Generate File’ : To generate JSON file for upload of GSTR-3B return details prepared offline on GST portal. JSON would be generated only if the worksheet has been successfully validated
4. The high level process flow for GSTR-3B return preparation is as follows
1. Enter details in the GSTR-3B worksheet of this Excel offline Utility
2. Validate the details entered using ‘validate’ button
3. Generate Json using ‘Generate File’ option
4. Upload the generated JSON on GST Portal. Preview the details uploaded , submit , offset liability and File return on the GST portal
Preparing GSTR-3B Return Using Offline Utility
1. Please ensure you download the latest version of GSTR 3B Offline Tool from the GST portal. https://www.gst.gov.in/download/returns
2. Launch the GSTR 3B Excel based Offline Utility and navigate to worksheet ‘GSTR-3B’
3. Use ‘Clear All’ option to clear any data present in the sheet and to reset the Worksheet
4. Enter the GSTIN . Entered GSTIN would be validated for correct structure
5. Select the applicable Financial Year from the drop-down. It is a mandatory field
6. Enter the Legal name of registered person. This field is optional and would not lead to validation failure
7. Select the applicable month form the drop-down. It is a mandatory field
8. Enter details as applicable in Table 3.1 ‘Details of Outward Supplies and inward supplies liable to reverse charge’.
9. Please note that only CGST amount need to entered for applicable sections; SGST amount would be populated based on CGST amount.
10. Enter details as applicable in Table 3.2 ‘Of the supplies shown in 3.1 (a) above, details of inter-State supplies made to unregistered persons, composition taxable persons and UIN holders’.
11. Please note the amount entered in Table 3.2 can not be more than amount entered in Table 3.1 (a)
12. Table 3.2 is present as the last table in the GSTR-3B worksheet
13. Enter details as applicable in Table 4 ‘Eligible ITC’
14. Enter details as applicable in Table 5 ‘Values of exempt, nil-rated and non-GST inward supplies’
15. Enter details as applicable in Table 5.1 ‘Interest & late fee payable’. Taxpayer need to enter only interest amount.
16. Click on ‘Validate’ to validate the GSTR-3B worksheet. Check the status of validation. In case of validation failure; please check for cells that have failed validation and correct errors as per help text
17. Upon successful validation; click ‘Generate File’ to generate JSON for upload on GST portal
GSTR 3B JSON Upload on GST Portal
1. Login to GST Portal and select ‘Returns Dashboard’
2. Select applicable Financial Year and Tax-period. Select GSTR-3B Prepare Offline
3. Upload the JSON prepared using offline Utility using upload option in the return dashboard.
4. The uploaded JSON file would be validated and processed. Upon success validation and processing the details entered would be populated in respective Tables
5. In case of validation failure upon processing ; errors if any would be shown on portal
6. Post successful upload of data on GST portal ; Taxpayer to Preview the form , Submit, Offset liability and file GSTR-3B
7. Please Note it is possible to upload Json multiple times on GST portal till submission. However earlier uploaded data would be overwritten. Tables and Preview would reflect only the last data uploaded.
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Judgments||GST Judgments|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|
|GST History||GST History and Background Material|