Authorized Signatory Tab
1. Who can be the primary Authorized Signatory?
A primary Authorized Signatory is the person who is primarily responsible to perform action at the GST Common Portal on behalf of the taxpayer. All communication from the GST Common Portal relating to taxpayer will be sent to the primary Authorized Signatory.
|Type of Business||Who can be the Authorized Signatory?|
|Proprietor||The proprietor or any person authorized by the proprietor|
|Partnership||Any authorized partner or any person authorized by the partners|
|Company, LLP, Society or Trust||The person authorized by Board or Governing Body. can act as Primary Authorized Signatory|
In case there is a single Authorized Signatory for a business entity, the single Authorized Signatory will be assumed to be the primary Authorized Signatory.
In case there are multiple Authorized Signatories for a single business entity, one Authorized Signatory need to be designated as primary Authorized Signatory. The e-mail address and mobile number of the Authorized Signatory needs to be provided during enrolment.
Note: The Authorized Signatory or Primary Authorized cannot be Minor in age.
2. In which box do I need to enter if my name has only one word?
If you have only one word in your name you need to enter it in the first name field/ box.
3. I do not know my father’s name. My mother is single or I am an orphan then whose name should I enter in Father/ Husband details section of Authorised Signatory tab?
In case you are citizen of India, you can mention Father’s name as reflected in PAN Details. In case you are not a citizen of India, you can mention the details as per Passport.
4. One of the authorized signatory is a transgender. What should I select in the gender tab?
You need to select “other” option for transgender.
5. How can one enter mobile number and landline number if the authorized signatory is a foreign national and does not possess India numbers?
Presently you need to enter only their India mobile numbers. However, a foreign national may enter his home country land line number.
6. What do I have to enter in the designation for an authorized signatory?
You need to enter your status of designation in the firm. For example if you are an employee you need to enter your designation in the business entity. Depending on your designation in the business entity you may enter your designation. For example partner, managing partner etc. in partnership firm; proprietor in proprietorship firm; Director, Managing director, Company secretary etc. in Incorporated Companies; Trustee, Managing trustee etc. in case of Trusts; Secretary, President etc. in case of Societies etc.
7. Is PAN mandatory for all authorized signatories?
Yes, PAN is mandatory for all authorized signatories.
8. Do I need to enter my passport number and Aadhaar number if I have them?
Yes If you have a passport and Aadhaar number you need to enter them. However, if you do not have them, you can still complete the enrolment process without entering them. Passport is mandatory only in case person is not a citizen of India.
9. Do I need to enter Floor number and Name of Premise Building in residential address section?
If your address has these elements you are required to fill them. However, these fields are not mandatory and you may skip them if your address does not require filling these fields.
10. I do not remember my pin code. How can I find the pin code of my address?
Furnishing of Pin Code is mandatory. You can find by searching on the following India Post link.
11. I do not have a passport. Is passport mandatory?
If you are an Indian citizen, furnishing of passport details is not mandatory. However if you have a passport you are required to furnish the passport details. For foreign residents furnishing of passport details is mandatory. (The development team should incorporate the date of expiry in passport along with passport number in the next version of the software.)
12. I am unable to upload my photograph in the Authorized Signatory Tab. Why?
Please check the format and size of your file. Only JPEG file format is permitted for uploading. If your file format is different please convert it into JPEG format using any of softwares like MS photo viewer, adobe photoshop etc. Further the file size should be less than 100 KB. If it is more than 100 KB, you can crop the photograph or select a lower resolution photograph.
13. Is uploading of the proof of authorisation essential for an authorized signatory?
Yes uploading of a valid proof of authorisation is essential in PDF or JPEG format.
14. I am unable to upload the proof of authorisation?
Please check the format and size of your file. Only PDF and JPEG file format is permitted for uploading. If your file format is different please convert it into PDF or JPEG format using any of softwares like MS photo viewer, adobe photoshop, MS word etc. Further the file size should be less than I MB . If it is more than I MB please crop the select on the relevant pages or select a lower resolution or lower dpi in grey scale.
15. Can I change Primary Authorised signatory now?
No, you can change the same only after the appointed date by filing amendment application.
16. What is the maximum number of authorised signatories that I can assign in the enrolment application?
A business entity can have a maximum of 10 authorised signatories.
17. There are 10 authorized signatories. The form has only one authorized signatory. How can I fill details of all 10 primary authorized signatories?
You can use Add new button to add details of other authorised signatories.