New Form 49A :New PAN Application Form : Download
Download Form 49A New Form for PAN (Permanent Account Number) Application under Income Tax Act .
Why Form No 49A is used
Form 49A if Application for Allotment of Permanent Account Number [In the case of Indian Citizens/lndian Companies/Entities incorporated in India/ Unincorporated entities formed in India] See Rule 114 of Income tax Rules . To avoid mistake (s), please follow the accompanying instructions and examples before filling up the form
Who can apply for PAN in Form 49A?
All existing assessees or taxpayers or persons who are required to file a return of income, even on behalf of others, must have a PAN. Any person, who intends to enter into economic or financial transactions where quoting PAN is mandatory, must also have a PAN.
Format of Form 49A PAN form
Download Form 49A Click here
How to fill Form 49A PAN form
- Form to be filled legibly in BLOCK LETTERS and preferably in BLACK INK. Form should be filled in English only
- Each box, wherever provided, should contain only one character (alphabet /number / punctuation sign) leaving a blank box after each word
- ‘Individual’ applicants should affix two recent colour photographs with white background (size 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm) in the space provided on the form. The photographs should not be stapled or clipped to the form. The clarity of image on PAN card will depend on the quality and clarity of photograph affixed on the form
- Signature / Left hand thumb impression should be provided across the photo affixed on the left side of the form in such a manner that portion of signature/impression is on photo as well as on form.
- Signature /Left hand thumb impression should be within the box provided on the right side of the form. The signature should not be on the photograph affixed on right side of the form. If there is any mark on this photograph such that it hinders the clear visibility of the face of the applicant, the application will not be accepted.
- Thumb impression, if used, should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer under official seal and stamp.
- (g) AO code (Area Code, AO Type, Range Code and AO Number) of the Jurisdictional Assessing Officer must be filled up by the applicant. These details can be obtained from the Income Tax Office or PAN Centre or websites of PAN Service Providers on www.utiitsl.com or www.tin-nsdl.com
- Guidelines for filling the Form 49A are enclosed in Form 49A Click here
- Guidelines for Form 49A for Non Residents : Click here
Fees for Form 49A (PAN form)
The fee for processing PAN application is Rs 110/- (including goods & service tax). In case, the PAN card is to be dispatched outside India then additional dispatch charge of Rs 910/- will have to be paid by applicant.
Mode of Payment
Payment may be made online using Credit / Debit card and Net-banking facility
Alternatively, the payment may be made by Demand draft drawn in favour of ‘NSDL-PAN’
payable at Mumbai.
Take acknowledgement after Submitting Form 49A PAN Form
Applicant will receive an acknowledgment containing a unique number on acceptance of this form. This acknowledgement number can be used for tracking the status of the application.
Instructions for Form 49A (PAN form)
Those already allotted a ten digit alphanumeric PAN shall not apply again as having or using more than one PAN is illegal.
However, request for a new PAN card with the same PAN or/and Changes or Correction in PAN data can be made by filling up ‘Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN Data’ form available from any source mentioned in (a) above.
The cost of application and processing fee is same as in the case of Form 49A.
Apply Form No 49A (PAN Form ) Online
Paperless online PAN application facility based on eSign (i.e. Aadhaar based e-Signature)
and Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) has been provided to applicant enabling PAN
applicants to furnish their application for PAN online, upload scanned images of supporting
documents, photo & signature and digitally sign the application online.
No physical documents are required to be sent by the PAN applicants for eSign and
DSC based PAN applications.
On successful submission of online application and payment (for online mode of payment), an acknowledgement receipt is generated.
Save and take a print out of the acknowledgement receipt.
The duly signed and photos affixed acknowledgement receipt alongwith prescribed
supporting documents should be sent to ‘INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed
by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited)’ at 5th Floor Mantri Sterling , Plot No.
341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune-411 016.
The 15 digit acknowledgement no. appearing on the acknowledgement receipt can be used for tracking status of application.
Documents to be enclosed with PAN Form 49A
Documents for the following are required to be enclosed with Form 49A /PAN Form
Proof of Identity
Proof of Address
Proof of date of birth
Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of Birth (PODB) as per
Rule 114(4) of Income Tax Rules, 1962
Proof of AADHAAR (Copy of AADHAAR Card), if AADHAAR is mentioned.
Additional documents for PAN Change Request application
Proof of PAN – Copy of PAN card/allotment letter
Proof of Change Requested – Documents indicating change of name (i.e. Name/Father’s name) from old name to new name
List of Documents Required
- POI/POA Documents Required
- Additional document for Change/Correction
- Prescribed format of Certificate of identity /address issued by MP/MLA/Municipal Councillor/Gazetted Officer
- Prescribed format of Certificate issued by the Employer on the letter head of the organization / institution
- Prescribed format of Certificate of identification issued by the Bank on the letter head of the bank
- Prescribed format of Certificate issued by Overseas Bank Branch of Scheduled Bank registered in India
- Online application form (with photo &/or signature affixed) and Prescribed supporting documents (except for e-Sign/DSC based applications) should be sent to NSDL e-Gov, Income Tax PAN Services Unit at 5th Floor Mantri Sterling , Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016
Documents to be enclosed for 49A are enclosed in annexure to Form 49A Click here
Important Check Points while filling form 49A
No initials/abbreviations to be used in name/father’s name (except for Middle name).
No prefixes such as Dr, Col, Major, etc. should be mentioned in ‘Name’, father’s name and
‘Name to be printed on card’ fields.
Representative Assessee (RA) details mandatory for minor/lunatic/idiot/deceased cases.
POI, POA and PODB should indicate exactly the same name as mentioned in the application.
AO Code in PAN Form 49A
It is mandatory for the applicants to mention the AO code in the PAN application. The AO code under jurisdiction of which the applicant falls, should be selected by the applicant. The applicants are advised to be careful in selection of the AO code. The details given here are as per the information received from the Income Tax Department. For additional information applicants may contact local office of Income Tax Department or call Aaykar Sampark Kendra on 0124-2438000.
- PAN AO Codes – International Taxation
- PAN AO Codes – Non International Taxation (other than Mumbai region)
- PAN AO Codes – Non International Taxation (Mumbai region)
- PAN AO Codes – Defence personnel
Track your PAN Application Status
Use 15-digit acknowledgement number for tracking the status of application, as under:
Check status at TIN website . You can track status of your PAN Click here
SMS ‘NSDLPAN 15 digit ack. no.’ to 57575.
E-mail us at email@example.com
Contact our Call Centre at (020) – 2721-8080
Fax us your queries at (020) – 2721-8081
Write to us at following address:
INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure
Limited), 5th Floor Mantri Sterling , Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near
Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune-411 016
FAQs on Form 49A PAN Form
Who can apply on behalf of minor, lunatic, idiot, mentally retarded, deceased and wards of court?
Section 160 of IT Act, 1961 provides that a minor, lunatic, idiot, mentally retarded, deceased, wards of court and such other persons may be represented through a Representative Assessee.
In such cases,
- In the application for PAN, details of the a minor, lunatic, idiot, mentally retarded, deceased, wards of court, etc. should be provided.
- Details of representative assessee have to be provided in item 14 of the application for PAN.
Is it compulsory to quote PAN on ‘return of income’?
Do I need to apply for a new PAN when I move from one city to another?
Permanent Account Number (PAN), as the name suggests, is a permanent number and does not change.
Changing the address though, may change the Assessing Officer. Such changes must, therefore, be intimated to ITD so that the PAN database of ITD can be updated. One can intimate change in address by filling up the form for Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN data. This form can be submitted at any TIN-FC or online at NSDL-TIN website.
Can I have more than one PAN?
No. Obtaining/possessing more than one PAN is against the law and may attract a penalty up to 10,000. Therefore, it is advisable not to obtain/possess more than one PAN.
What should I do if I have more than one PAN?
If you have more than one PAN, you should surrender the additional PAN(s) by logging into ITD website at http://incometax.sparshindia.com/pan/newPAN.asp. Alternatively, you may fill and submit PAN Change Request application form by mentioning the PAN which you wish to retain on the top of the form. All other PAN/s inadvertently allotted to you should be mentioned at item no. 11 of the form and the corresponding PAN card copy/ies should be submitted for cancellation along with the form.
Helpline for Form 49A / PAN Form
For more information on Form 49A / Application status enquiry contact:
Call Center 1800-180-1961
NSDL e-Gov Call center No 020-27218080
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
SMS: NSDLPAN Acknowledgement No. & send to 57575 to obtain application status. For example u Type ‘NSDLPAN 881010101010100’ and send to 57575
Address : INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance
Infrastructure Limited), 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey
No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016.
Other Study Material for Form 49A
For info Visit Income tax website of India
Form 49A, pan card apply , pan card download , pan card details ,
pan card correction form , pan application status , pan card status by name and date of birth ,
new pan card , pan card online print, duplicate pan card online ,download pan card soft copy ,
area code for pan ,pan card correction form download , uti pan application status ,
pan card acknowledgement slip download , form 49a , how to fill pan card form online ,