Hardcover – 23 Mar 2016
• First published in 1912, this legal classic is the most highly acclaimed and authoritative commentary on Hindu Law
• It is widely cited in numerous Supreme Court and High Court judgments
• The commentary is divided into two Parts:
Part 1 dealing with customary Hindu Law and Part 2 comprising section-wise commentary on four major enactments i.e. The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955; The Hindu Succession Act, 1956; The Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act, 1956; and The Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act, 1956.
• Examines issues of contemporary significance such as
o legality of live-in relationships,
o protection of children born out of live-in relationships,
o irretrievable breakdown of marriage as a ground for divorce,
o inter-parental child custody, spousal maintenance,
o division of matrimonial property,
o inter-country adoptions, succession and inheritance.
• Covers all notable Supreme Court as well as High Court decisions till February 2016
• Incorporates cases relating to tax liability of Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) thus making it useful for tax professionals
• The book is a must buy for Lawyers, Judges, Libraries, National and State Judicial Academies, Law Faculty, Research Scholars and Law Students, Law Firms, Bar Associations, NGOs, and Government Institutions