How to Reverse Incorrect Input Tax Credit ?

By | April 21, 2019
(Last Updated On: April 21, 2019)

We have taken incorrect Input Tax Credit in the month of April 18. Now on our own we have identified the same.

1. How should we pay it – Through ITC reversal in GSTR 3B or by filing

DRC 03?

2. Is is mandatory to file DRC 03 only for voluntary payment?

3. If we file DRC 03 how will it get reflected in GSTR 9 & GSTR 9C ?

Answer (My Opinion) . You should file DRC-03 to Reverse wrongly taken (Availed or utilized) input tax credit .

DRC 03 can be filed Voluntary or on receipt of show cause Notice from GST officer.

In GSTR9 and GSTR 9C you have to prepare reconciliation statement .

Related Post

reversal of itc

GST Input Tax Credit Rules Changed from 01.02.2019 [Video]

GST Penalty if Wrong Input Tax Credit availed or utilized

Reversal of GST Input Tax Credit on goods destroyed in Floods

How Input Tax Credit is to be blocked/unblocked from Electronic credit ledger

Circular No 42/16/2018 GST : CBIC clarify recovery of arrears under existing law &; reversal of inadmissible input tax credit

GST DRC 3 : Intimation of payment made voluntarily or made against show cause notice (SCN) or statement

How to Pay GST Demand in DRC 03 ?

Intimation of GST Voluntary payment Form DRC 03 by Taxpayers : Explained by GSTN

How to make Payment of Form GST FORM DRC 03 ? User Manual


53 FAQs on GST Annual Return by ICAI Indirect Tax Committee

How to file GST DRC 06 against Proceedings initiated by GST Officer u/s 73 and 74 Related to Determination of GST

how to reverse excess itc claimed in gstr 3b ,itc reversal gst, how to reverse excess itc claimed in gstr 3b,
itc reversal gst, reversal of input tax credit under gst, reversal of input tax credit in gstr 3b

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *