ITNS 280 Income Tax Challan
ITNS 280 is Income Tax Challan which is used to pay
- Advance Tax (100)
- Surtax (102)
- Self Assessment Tax (300)
- Tax on Regular Assessment (400)
- Tax on Distributed Profits of Domestic Companies (106)
- Tax on Distributed Income to Unit Holders (107)
Download ITNS 280 in PDF Format to pay manually on Banks counter
Pay ITNS 280 online : Click here
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILING :ITNS 280
1. Please use a separate challan for each type of payment.
2. Please note that quoting your Permanent Account Number (PAN) is mandatory.
3. Please note that quoting false PAN may attract a penalty of Rs. 10,000/- as per section 272B of I.T. Act, 1961.
4. Please note that to deposit Appeal Fees either Major Head 020 or 021 (depending upon the tax
payer’s status) has to be tocked under ‘Tax Applicable’. Followed by this; Minor Head: Self
Assessment Tax (300) has to be ticked under ‘Type of Payment’ and the amount is to filled under
Others in ‘Details of Payments’.
5. To deposit taxes, appeal fees, etc. in respect of block period cases, enter the first Assessment Year of the block period followed by the last Assessment Year of the period. For example, if the block period is 1/04/85 to 5/3/96, it would be entered as 1986-97 in the space indicated for Assessment Year. If taxes are being deposited, tick the box Self Assessment (300) under Type of Payment and fill up amount under ‘Tax’ while in respect of appeal fees, enter amount under ‘Others’.
6. Tax payers may please draw/issue Cheque/DDs towards payment of income-tax as under:
Pay _________________ (Name of the bank where the Challan in being deposited)
PLEASE USE THIS CHALLAN FOR DEPOSITING TAXES (TYPES OF PAYMENT) MENTIONED OVERLEAF.
KINDLY DO NOT USE THIS CHALLAN FOR DEPOSITING TAX DEDUCTION AT SOURCE (TDS)
KINDLY ENSURE THAT THE BANK’S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING:
1. 7 DIGIT BSR CODE OF THE BANK BRANCH
2. DATE OF DEPOSIT OF CHALLAN (DD MM YY)
3. CHALLAN SERIAL NUMBER
THESE WILL HAVE TO BE QUOTED IN YOUR RETURN OF INCOME.