Last date to avail ITC of FY 2018-19 under GST
Taxpayer forgot to Claim Input Tax Credit on Invoice say dated 10.09.2018 (FY 2018-19).
- Can I Claim ITC in FY 2019-20?
- If yes then upto what date?
- You can Claim ITC in FY 2019-20
- ITC of FY 2018-19 can be claimed upto earlier of following
- 20th October 2019 in GSTR 3B or
- Date of Filing of Annual Return for FY 2018-19
Note -1 : ITC of Previous Financial year can not be claimed in GST Annual Return(GSTR -9) , it has to be claimed in GSTR 3B only.
If missed ITC of FY 2018-2019 not claimed upto due date of filing of GSTR 3B for month of September 2019 (i.e upto 20th October 2019) , then it will lapse
Note-2: Input Tax Credit is given by GST portal as appearing in GSTR 2A (based on Return [GSTR-1] uploaded by your supplier on GST Portal)
If you claim ITC in GSTR 3B and your supplier has not uploaded your Invoices in GSTR 1, then you may be required to Reverse ITC with interest at the time of filing of GST Annual Return (GSTR-9)
Check GSTR 2A of FY 2018-19:-
- Invoices uploaded by your Supplier and appearing in GSTR 2A but ITC not claimed in GSTR 3B
[Action: Claim in GSTR 3B up to 20th October 2019 ]
- ITC Claimed in GSTR 3B but Invoices not uploaded by supplier in GSTR -1.
[Action: Follow up with the supplier to uploaded invoices]
- Can you use ITC to pay wrong ITC ?
- How to Claim Excess ITC of GSTR 2A
- How to Reverse Incorrect Input Tax Credit ?
- How to Claim Missed Input Tax Credit of FY 2017 18
- GST Input Tax Credit Rules Changed from 01.02.2019 [Video]
- GST Penalty if Wrong Input Tax Credit availed or utilized
- Input tax Credit on capital goods purchased before GST Registration
- Reversal of GST Input Tax Credit on goods destroyed in Floods
- How Input Tax Credit is to be blocked/unblocked from Electronic credit ledger
- What is the Life of GST Input Tax Credit
- ITC on Lease Hold Land Payment
- Input Tax Credit in GST ( India )