Refund of Excess Payment of GST enabled
New Functionality Update: Refund of Excess Payment of Tax enabled on GST Portal.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Visit the official GST site (www.gst.gov.in)
2. On the GST home page, click the Services > Refunds > Application for the refund command
3. When the ‘select the refund type’ page is displayed, pick the ‘excess payment of tax’ option
4. Select the financial year and month for which application has to be filed from the drop-down lists and click the ‘create’ button
5. The GST RFD-01A – Excess payment of tax page will be displayed. Fill in the relevant tax details and submit your bank account details then click the ‘save’ option.
6. Click the ‘preview’ button to download the form in PDF format.
7. Tick the Undertaking and Self-Declaration checkboxes and click on the ‘proceed’ button
8. Click the ‘File with DSC’ or ‘File with EVC’ buttons. If you pick the former, just click on ‘proceed’, select the certificate and click the ‘sign’ button. The Application Reference Number (ARN) receipt will be displayed. Else, in the case of EVC, enter the OTP sent to the email address and mobile number of the Authorized Signatory registered at the GST Portal and click the ‘verify’ button. The success message is displayed and status is changed to ‘submitted’. The ARN receipt is then downloaded and a copy is sent to your registered email address and mobile phone number.
Once the ARN is generated, the refund application would be assigned to Jurisdictional Refund Processing Officers for scrutiny following which the refund will be disbursed. Taxpayers can track the status of refund application using track status functionality