GST Composition Scheme
1. Can I opt for the composition scheme if I have already registered as a Normal taxpayer?
You can opt for the composition scheme if you are a regular taxpayer by submitting a simple declaration at the GST Portal. To do so, log in to the Taxpayers’ Interface and navigate to the Services > Registration > Application to Opt for Composition Scheme service. Fill and submit the application.
2. When can I opt for the Composition Scheme?
In order to avail this scheme, you need to file an online application to Opt for Composition Scheme with the tax authorities. Taxpayers who can opt for this scheme can be categorized as below:
1. Migrated Taxpayers: Any taxpayer who are migrated from earlier laws and who have been granted provisional registration can file an application for composition within 30 days prior to or after the appointed day.
2. New Taxpayers: Any person who becomes liable to register under GST Act, after the appointed day, shall file his option to pay composition amount in the New Registration application.
3. Existing Taxpayers: Any taxpayer who is registered as normal tax payer under GST regime shall file an application to opt for Composition Scheme at least 7 days prior to the commencement of financial year for which the option to pay tax under the aforesaid section is exercised.
3. Can I save the Application to Opt for Composition Scheme?
Yes, the application can be saved for up to 15 days from the date of initiation after which it will be purged by the system. Saved applications can be accessed using the My Saved Applications functionality available in the Taxpayers’ Interface on GST common Portal
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|Press Release||GST Press Release|
|Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|