Ministry of Finance
Effective use of technology enables Goa Central GST Commissionerate to administer Taxation remotely
Posted On: 09 MAY 2020 4:26PM by PIB Mumbai
COVID19 Pandemic saw business transitioning to remote work and building efficient strategies thereof. Central GST Commissionerate Goa swiftly adopted technologies of remote work so that businesses are kept buoyant and Tax payers are at ease.
The Systems Directorate of Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBIC) gave remote access to CBICGST application to all officers through Virtual Private Network so that work is not hampered. During the lockdown, Goa Commissionerate processed and disposed 54 GST refund claims. Four refund claims pertaining to erstwhile central excise and service tax were also disposed .10360 returns pertaining to both central excise and service tax were also reviewed. 255 cancellation requests sent by taxpayers were processed and 311 cancellations were done suo-motu by officers of CGST.
Earlier an Ordinance was issued to provide relaxation in the provisions of certain acts. The time limit for filing of appeal, furnishing of return, or any other compliance under the GST Act has been extended as per the Ordinance. CBIC has also issued several circulars as part of the Trade Facilitation Measures during outbreak of COVID-19.
For latest Notification Refer Govt Website Click Here
Relevant Material on GST Refund
- New Rule for GST Refund I No Cash Refund in Full I CA Satbir Singh
- New GST Rule for Refund of Tax Wrongly Paid I CA Satbir Singh
- New GST Rule for Recovery of Refund paid by GST Officer I Exporters I CA Satbir Singh
- New GST refunds authority for Quick and Easy refund
- Automated GST refund for exporters From June 2019
- Recredit of Rejected GST Refund Claim to Electronic Credit Ledger
- New Rule for Claiming GST Refund of Supply to SEZ from 01.02.2019
- GST Refunds – Analysis
- List of Documents required for GST Refund Processing
- Advisory for Taxpayers to file GST Refund for Multiple Tax period
- No refund of GST Challan payment if wrong GSTIN mentioned
- GST Refund Application (By Embassies/ International Organizations)
- How to file GST Refund Application (By Embassies/ International Organizations) user manual
- GST Refund of Excess amount from Electronic Cash Ledger : FAQ’s
- GST Refund on Export of Goods (With Payment of Tax) : FAQ
- GST Refund of Export of Services (With Payment of Tax)