Requirement of Chartered Accountants /MBA in
Indirect Taxes Committee,
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No. XXXVIII of 1949) for the regulation of the profession of Chartered Accountants in India.
The Indirect Taxes Committee is one of the most important non-standing Committees of the ICAI. The main objective of the committee is to contribute to make indirect tax laws simple, transparent, certain and equitable. The Indirect Taxes Committee actively facilitates the process of formulation of budget by offering pre-budget and post-budget suggestions/comments to simplify tax laws and their administration for the purpose of making it more responsive to tax payers.
Another important function of the Committee is to enhance the awareness/ knowledge of the members of the ICAI relating to indirect taxes and the potential opportunities offered by this area by organising workshops, certificate courses, seminars, e-learning and interactive programme independently as also with trade and industry.
To support the technical and academic, administrative activities of the Committee, Indirect Taxes Committee of ICAI invites applications from individuals, preferably Chartered Accountants / MBA (good communication skills) with expertise in Indirect Taxes, interested to be associated with it. These activities demand exposure to/ in GST.
The details of the job offered are as follows:‐
Job Designation: ‐ Management Trainee
Period of Job: – Temporary for 6 months
Location of Job: Noida Sector-62
Qualification: Preferably CA / MBA with expertise in Indirect Taxes + GST Experience 0-3 years
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Active participation in GST research
- Organising Certificate Course on GST;
- Organising programme, seminar, conferences, faculty development programme, residential programmes and other training programme being organised by the Committee.
- Co-ordinating in organising Training Programme for the Officials of CBEC Commissionerate;
- Bringing out new publications on GST and other Indirect Taxes related by the Committee;
- Drafting highlights of Union Budget
- Supervise and review the work done by support staff and assistant
- Business writing and presentation skills both oral and written skills, Strong inter personnel and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Ability to prepare documents like agenda, minutes of meeting, MIS
- Reports, training manuals, review of course back‐ground material etc.
- Ability to work in and with the team
- Ability to multi task
- MS word & Excel
The appointment will be on contract basis initially for a period of six months further extendable to 6 months which may be renewed for further period on satisfactory performance. Salary /Contractual payment will be paid as per ICAI norms depending on experience & qualification ranging between 25,000 to 45,000 per month.
Interested candidates may e‐mail their detailed CV at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 12th June, 2017
Indirect Taxes Committee
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
ICAI Bhawan, 3rd Floor, Research Block
A‐29, Sector 62,