Rule 32 CGST Rules 2017
Summary of Rule 32 CGST Rules 2017
( Rule 32 CGST Rules 2017 explains Determination of value in respect of certain supplies and is covered in Chapter IV – Determination of Value of Supply : Inserted by the Central Goods and Services Tax (Second Amendment) Rules, 2017, w.e.f. 1-7-2017 )
Rule 32 CGST Rules 2017
Determination of value in respect of certain supplies
32. (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the provisions of this Chapter, the value in respect of supplies specified below shall, at the option of the supplier, be determined in the manner provided hereinafter.
(2) The value of supply of services in relation to the purchase or sale of foreign currency, including money changing, shall be determined by the supplier of services in the following manner, namely:—
|(a)||for a currency, when exchanged from, or to, Indian Rupees, the value shall be equal to the difference in the buying rate or the selling rate, as the case may be, and the Reserve Bank of India reference rate for that currency at that time, multiplied by the total units of currency:|
|Provided that in case where the Reserve Bank of India reference rate for a currency is not available, the value shall be one per cent of the gross amount of Indian Rupees provided or received by the person changing the money:|
|Provided further that in case where neither of the currencies exchanged is Indian Rupees, the value shall be equal to one per cent of the lesser of the two amounts the person changing the money would have received by converting any of the two currencies into Indian Rupee on that day at the reference rate provided by the Reserve Bank of India:|
|Provided also that a person supplying the services may exercise the option to ascertain the value in terms of clause (b) for a financial year and such option shall not be withdrawn during the remaining part of that financial year.|
|(b)||at the option of the supplier of services, the value in relation to the supply of foreign currency, including money changing, shall be deemed to be—|
|(i)||one per cent of the gross amount of currency exchanged for an amount up to one lakh rupees, subject to a minimum amount of two hundred and fifty rupees;|
|(ii)||one thousand rupees and half of a per cent of the gross amount of currency exchanged for an amount exceeding one lakh rupees and up to ten lakh rupees; and|
|(iii)||five thousand and five hundred rupees and one tenth of a per cent of the gross amount of currency exchanged for an amount exceeding ten lakh rupees, subject to a maximum amount of sixty thousand rupees.|
(3) The value of the supply of services in relation to booking of tickets for travel by air provided by an air travel agent shall be deemed to be an amount calculated at the rate of five per cent of the basic fare in the case of domestic bookings, and at the rate of ten per cent of the basic fare in the case of international bookings of passage for travel by air.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this sub-rule, the expression “basic fare” means that part of the air fare on which commission is normally paid to the air travel agent by the airlines.
(4) The value of supply of services in relation to life insurance business shall be,—
|(a)||the gross premium charged from a policy holder reduced by the amount allocated for investment, or savings on behalf of the policy holder, if such an amount is intimated to the policy holder at the time of supply of service;|
|(b)||in case of single premium annuity policies other than (a), ten per cent of single premium charged from the policy holder; or|
|(c)||in all other cases, twenty five per cent of the premium charged from the policy holder in the first year and twelve and a half per cent of the premium charged from the policy holder in subsequent years:|
Provided that nothing contained in this sub-rule shall apply where the entire premium paid by the policy holder is only towards the risk cover in life insurance.
(5) [Note -1 ] Where a taxable supply is provided by a person dealing in buying and selling of second hand goods i.e., used goods as such or after such minor processing which does not change the nature of the goods and where no input tax credit has been availed on the purchase of such goods, the value of supply shall be the difference between the selling price and the purchase price and where the value of such supply is negative, it shall be ignored:
Provided that the purchase value of goods repossessed from a defaulting borrower, who is not registered, for the purpose of recovery of a loan or debt shall be deemed to be the purchase price of such goods by the defaulting borrower reduced by five percentage points for every quarter or part thereof, between the date of purchase and the date of disposal by the person making such repossession.
(6) The value of a token, or a voucher, or a coupon, or a stamp (other than postage stamp) which is redeemable against a supply of goods or services or both shall be equal to the money value of the goods or services or both redeemable against such token, voucher, coupon, or stamp.
(7) The value of taxable services provided by such class of service providers as may be notified by the Government, on the recommendations of the Council, as referred to in paragraph 2 of Schedule I of the said Act between distinct persons as referred to in section 25, where input tax credit is available, shall be deemed to be NIL.
- No GST compensation cess under reverse charge on intra state supplies of second hand goods vide Notification No 04/2017 Compensation Cess (Rate) Dated 20th July, 2017
Also refer CBIC Website Click here
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|
|GST History||GST History and Background Material|
Rule 32 CGST Rules 2017 , Print Rule 32 CGST Rules 2017, Rule 32 of CGST Rules 2017, Latest Rule 32 of CGST Rules 2017, updated Rule 32 of CGST Rules 2017,