Rule 96A CGST Rules 2017
Summary of Rule 96A CGST Rules 2017
( Rule 96A CGST Rules 2017 explains Refund of integrated tax paid on export of goods or services under bond or Letter of Undertaking and is covered in Chapter X – Refund : Inserted by the Central Goods and Services Tax (Third Amendment) Rules, 2017, w.e.f. 1-7-2017. updated with Central Goods and Services Tax (Tenth Amendment) Rules, 2017, and Central Goods and Services Tax (Eleventh Amendment) Rules, 2017, See also Notification No. 16/2017-Central Tax, dated 7-7-2017.)
Rule 96A CGST Rules 2017
2A[Refund of integrated tax paid on export of goods or services under bond or Letter of Undertaking.
96A. (1) Any registered person availing the option to supply goods or services for export without payment of integrated tax shall furnish, prior to export, a bond or a Letter of Undertaking in FORM GST RFD-11 to the jurisdictional Commissioner, binding himself to pay the tax due along with the interest specified under sub-section (1) of section 50 within a period of—
(2) The details of the export invoices contained in FORM GSTR-1 furnished on the common portal shall be electronically transmitted to the system designated by Customs and a confirmation that the goods covered by the said invoices have been exported out of India shall be electronically transmitted to the common portal from the said system.
4 [Provided that where the date for furnishing the details of outward supplies in FORM GSTR-1 for a tax period has been extended in exercise of the powers conferred under section 37 of the Act, the supplier shall furnish the information relating to exports as specified in Table 6A of FORM GSTR-1 after the return in FORM GSTR-3B has been furnished and the same shall be transmitted electronically by the common portal to the system designated by the Customs:
Provided further that the information in Table 6A furnished under the first proviso shall be auto-drafted in FORM GSTR-1 for the said tax period. ]
(3) Where the goods are not exported within the time specified in sub-rule (1) and the registered person fails to pay the amount mentioned in the said sub-rule, the export as allowed under bond or Letter of Undertaking shall be withdrawn forthwith and the said amount shall be recovered from the registered person in accordance with the provisions of section 79.
(4) The export as allowed under bond or Letter of Undertaking withdrawn in terms of sub-rule (3) shall be restored immediately when the registered person pays the amount due.
(5) The Board, by way of notification, may specify the conditions and safeguards under which a Letter of Undertaking may be furnished in place of a bond.
(6) The provisions of sub-rule (1) shall apply, mutatis mutandis, in respect of zero-rated supply of goods or services or both to a Special Economic Zone developer or a Special Economic Zone unit without payment of integrated tax.]
Notes on Amendments in Rule 96A CGST Rules 2017
4 Inserted by the Central Goods and Services Tax (Eleventh Amendment) Rules, 2017, w.e.f. 28-10-2017.
3 Inserted by the Central Goods and Services Tax (Tenth Amendment) Rules, 2017, w.e.f. 18-10-2017.
2. Clarifications on exports related refund issues Circular No 37/11/2018 GST Dated the 15th March, 2018
Also refer CBIC Website Click here
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|
|GST History||GST History and Background Material|
Rule 96A CGST Rules 2017, rule 96a of cgst rules, sub rule 1 of rule 96,
letter of undertaking rule 96a,lut 96a, rule 96a of cgst act 2017,
Rule 96a CGST Rules 2017 , Print Rule 96a CGST Rules 2017, Rule 96a of CGST Rules 2017, Latest Rule 96a of CGST Rules 2017, updated Rule 96a of CGST Rules 2017,