GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
DIRECTORATE OF COMMERCIAL TAXES
14, BELIAGHATA ROAD, KOLKATA-700015
TRADE CIRCULAR NO. 01/2018
Subject: e-WAYBILL UNDER GST WITH EFFECT FROM 1st February, 2018.
In terms of Finance Department Notification No. 1156 F.T. dated 30.06.2017 (ref: Trade Circular No. 06/2017 dated 30.06.2017), a new electronic system was introduced on and from 01.07.2017 for issuance of waybills under the West Bengal Goods and Service Tax Ordinance, 2017 and saved by section 175(2) of the West Bengal Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, for entry of taxable goods into the State
Subsequently, rule 138 of the WBGST Rules, 2017 regarding waybills was substituted vide Notification No. 1568 F.T. dated 30.08.2017 to introduce new electronic waybill system under GST as per newly introduced rules 138, 138A, 138B, 138C and 138D under the said rules with effect from the date as may be notified by the State Government.
Now, the State Government has notified 01.02.2018 as the date from which the said rules shall come into force vide Notification No. 2312 F.T. dated 29.12.2017, the new e-waybill system is going to commence from that date. Necessary links and details will be provided indue course and will also be available in www.gst.gov.in.
Meanwhile, the existing system of e-waybill for transporting goods from outside into West Bengal being run from this Directorate’s website shall continue till midnight of 31.01.2018 with the following conditions: –
1. Generation of waybill keys shall stop at midnight of 31.01.2018;
2. Generation of waybills using already generated keys shall stop at midnight of 31.01.2018;
3. Waybills generated till midnight of 31.01.2018 shall be valid for entry of taxable goods into West Bengal till 15.02.2018 or till its validity expires, whichever is earlier;
4. Cancellation of unused waybill keys shall continue till 15.02.2018 after which all remaining unused keys will be cancelled by system;
5. Cancellation of generated waybill shall continue till 15.02.2018 after which all remaining valid waybills shall be treated as used;
6. If cancellation of waybill is made after midnight of 31.01.2018, it cannot be re-generated. In that case, user must generate new e-waybill under GST;
7. Transhipment process of existing waybill shall continue till 15.02.2018 or till its validity expires, whichever is earlier;
8. Till 15.02.2018, any consignment entering West Bengal without either existing waybill or new e-waybill shall be treated as punishable offence as per provisions of the WBGST Act, 2017 and rules framed thereunder.
This is for information and necessary action of all concerned.
Sales Tax, West Bengal
Memo. No. 18CT/PRO Date: 08.01.2018
Copy forwarded for information to the Sr.JCCT/ISD for information and for uploading it on the official as well as internal website of the Directorate for information of all concerned.
Addl.CCT & PRO
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Judgments||GST Judgments|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|