Bond or LUT along with Shipping Bill
1. As per rule 96A of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 any registered person exporting goods without payment of integrated tax is required to furnish a bond or a Letter of Undertaking (LUT) in FORM GST RFD-11.
2. The following registered person shall be eligible for submission of Letter of Undertaking in place of a bond: –
a. a status holder as specified in the Foreign Trade Policy 2015- 2020; or
b. who has received the due foreign inward remittances amounting to a minimum of 10% of the export turnover, which should not be less than one crore rupees, in the preceding financial year, and he has not been prosecuted for any offence under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017) or under any of the existing laws in case where the amount of tax evaded exceeds two hundred and fifty lakh rupees. (Notification No. 16/2017-Central Tax dated 07th July, 2017 refers)
3. The bond shall be furnished on non-judicial stamp paper of the value as applicable in the State in which bond is being furnished.
4. The exporters shall furnish a running bond, in case he is required to furnish a bond, in FORM GST RFD -11. The bond would cover the amount of tax involved in the export based on estimated tax liability as assessed by the exporter himself.
5. Based on the track record of exporter, a bank guarantee required to be submitted along with the bond may be waived off by the jurisdictional GST Commissioner. The bank guarantee should normally not exceed 15% of the bond amount. (Circular No. 4/4/2017-GST dated 07th July, 2017 refers)
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Judgments||GST Judgments|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|
|GST History||GST History and Background Material|