Cancellation of Provisional Registration
1. Can I as a migrated taxpayer*, cancel my Provisional Registration with GST? At what stage can I cancel my provisional registration? Upto what stage can I cancel my provisional registration?
*Migrated taxpayers refers to taxpayers registered under Excise, Service Tax and State Tax Laws such as VAT, Entry Tax, Luxury Tax and Entertainment Tax whose details have been migrated to the GST System.
Provisional Registration under the GST regime can be cancelled in the following scenarios. Click the scenario to view the detailed steps of cancellation.
|Cancellation Scenario||Cancellation Steps to be taken by Migrated Dealer|
|Migrated Taxpayer who has only Provisional ID & Password and has not logged in to the GST Portal even once (Not activated)||1. Login to the GST Portal using the Provisional ID and password received|
2. Create your login credentials.
3. Login to the GST Portal and click the Cancellation of Provisional Registrationoption available on the Dashboard on the top of the page. Follow the steps of cancellation thereafter.
|Migrated Taxpayer who has logged in to the GST Portal and created the login credentials but has not filled Application for Enrolment||1. Login to the GST Portal using the login credentials.|
2. After login, click the Cancellation of Provisional Registration option available on the Dashboard on the top of the page. Follow the steps of cancellation thereafter.
|Migrated Taxpayer whose form is processed by tax official and GSTIN is generated.||1. Submit the Application for Cancellation of Registration in GST REG – 16.|
NOTE: This functionality will be available at a later point in time.
2. Can I cancel my provisional registration after GSTIN is generated?
Yes, you can cancel your provisional registration, even after ARN is generated. To do so, you need to submit the Application for Cancellation of Registration in GST REG – 16. This functionality will be available at a later point in time.
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Judgments||GST Judgments|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|
|GST History||GST History and Background Material|