Change of email and mobile number of the authorized signatory by taxpayers with assistance from the jurisdictional tax officer under GST system
Complaints are being received from taxpayers that the intermediaries who were authorized by them to apply for registration on their behalf had used their own email and mobile number during the process. They are now not sharing the user credentials with the taxpayer on whose behalf they had done the registration in the first place and the taxpayer is at their mercy.
With a view to address this difficulty of the taxpayer, a functionality to update email and mobile number of the authorized signatory is available in the GST System. The email and mobile number can be updated by the concerned Jurisdictional tax authority of the taxpayer as per the following procedure:
Steps to be followed:-
- Taxpayer is required to approach the concerned jurisdictional Tax Officer to get the password for the GSTIN allotted to the business.
- <Jurisdiction can be checked through Search Taxpayer option available on https://www.gst.gov.in,>. Allotted jurisdiction is displayed in red text>
- Taxpayer would be required to provide valid documents to the tax officer as proof of his/her identity and to validate the business details related to his GSTIN.
- Tax officer will check if the said person is added as a Stakeholder or Authorized Signatory for that GSTIN in the system.
- Tax officer will upload necessary proof on the GST Portal in support to authenticate the activity.
- Tax officer will enter the new email address and mobile phone number provided by the Taxpayer.
- After upload of document, Tax officer will reset the password for the GSTIN in the system.
- Username and Temporary password reset will be communicated to the email address as entered by the Tax Officer.
- Taxpayer need to login on GST Portal https://www.gst.gov.in/ using the First time login link.
- After first time login with the Username and Temporary password that was emailed to him, system would prompt the taxpayer to change username and password. The said username and password can now be used by the taxpayer.
Related Post on GST Registration
- GST Registration : Analysis
- How to Apply for GST New Registration – Explained with Screenshots & Examples
- Top 10 states with highest Taxpayer registration under GST
- GST Application submission through DSC , EVC and E Sign – Process
- Is GST reverse Charge applicable if legal service received by supplier of exempt goods ?
- Compulsory Registration under GST ( India )- types
- FAQs on Verification Tab in GST Registration Application
- FAQs on Bank Accounts Tab in GST Registration Application
- FAQs on Goods & Services Tab in GST Registration Application
- FAQ on Additional Places of Business Tab in GST Registration Application
- FAQs on Principal Place of Business Tab in GST Registration Application
- FAQs on Authorized Signatory Tab in GST Registration Application
- FAQs on Promoter/ Partners Tab in GST Registration Application
- FAQs on Business Details Tab of GST Registration Application
- How to download and Install GST Enrolment App on mobile phone
- FAQ’s on Enrollment under GST
- How to lodge complaint on GST Portal (Self Help)
- GST Registration as Tax Deductor on GST Potal : Steps to Register with screenshots
- New GST Registration FAQ’s: What, Who,When, Where, How Explained
- GST Registration as Tax Deductor or collector – FAQ’s