1. Important information of “Request for Form 13- Resident with Mobile OTP
Form 13: An application for nil deduction of Tax Deduction at source (TDS) under section 197 is required to be submit by the taxpayer.
• Form 13 application can be submitted through TRACES from FY 2018-19 onwards.
• DSC (Digital Signature Certificate )of Authorized person or E- Verification (Through Internet Banking) and Mobile OTP validation is
required for submission of Form.
Note: If DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) is not registered at TRACES, kindly register your DSC.
• After submission of Form 13 on TRACES, request will be sent to Jurisdictional Assessing Officer (AO) for approval.
Note: Jurisdictional Assessing Officer (AO) for approval will be decided on the basis of State and District provided by the applicant in original
application of Form 13.
• Please upload Self/ Authorized person certificate estimated income computation for which financial year certificate is sought for Form 13
in case of original application .
• Please upload details of income claimed to be exempt and not included in the total income.
• Please upload self/ Authorized person certificate computation of estimated income for any of the four previous year preceding year to the
previous year incase return has not been filed for form 13 incase of original application.
• Please upload assessment year orders if assessed, for the last four assessment years in case of original of Form 13.
• Please upload return of Income for any of the four previous years has been filed in paper form incase of Form 13 if any, where
application is original.
2. Brief Steps of Request for Form 13- Resident with Mobile OTP.
Step 1 : Login to TRACES website with your “User ID”, “Password”, “PAN for the Taxpayer” and the “Verification Code”. Landing
page will be displayed on Screen.
Step 2 : Go to „Statement/Forms‟ tab and click on „Request for Form 13‟ to initiate request. Pop-Up window will display (whether
DSC is registered or not ) . Click on Yes to proceed further.
Step 3 : Select the residential status as „Resident‟. A popup will appear on the screen. Click on „Yes‟ button in case of Taxpayer
covered under Rule 28AB of the Income Tax Rules, 1962.
Step 4: Check List for 197 will appear on the next screen. Click on „Proceed‟ button
Step 5: Enter Financial Year then click on „Proceed‟ button.
Step 6: Select option “With (TAN & Amount)- Deductor TANs & Amount”. Pop up on the screen to select the number of entries.
Select on „Less than or equal to 50 (Online)‟ option.
Note : Offline mode for uploading annexure in case of more than 50 entries will be available subsequently.
Step 7 : User need to basic fill details which needs to be furnished in Form -13, some of the details are auto-populated on the basis of
Step 8: After filling up the basic details Annexure-I will open to fill the annexure details
Step 9: User need to upload and fill the Estimated Income Computation for which Financial Year certificate is sought. Click on
„Browse‟ to select a file and then click on „Upload‟ to upload the document in tiff, .pdf, .zip,. JPEG formats only.
Note: Size of file should not be larger than 5MB. Kindly upload password free file.
Click on „Template‟ button to fill Computation of Estimated Income of Financial Year for which certificate is sought then
submit. Details saved successfully message will appear on screen.
Note: Template is mandatory to fill.
Following document are required to be upload:
1. Upload & Fill Estimated Income Computation for which F.Y certificate is sought.
2. Upload & Fill computation of estimated total income any of the four previous year preceding to the previous year for which return
of income has not been filed.
3. Upload registration /exemption Certificate incase of certain entities covered under section 11 or 12.
4. Upload registration /exemption Certificate incase of certain entities covered under section 139(4C).
5. Upload Assessment Orders if assessed, for the last four assessment years.
6. Upload return of income for any of the four previous year has been filed in paper form.
7. Upload Details of income claimed to be exempt and not included in the total income: If amount is provided in column of basic
details then this will be enabled & mandatory.
8. Upload any other document.
Step 10: After submitting declaration, click on „Preview & Submit‟ button to review the form details.
Step 11 : A pop up on the next screen to validate the Form request through DSC (Digital Signature Certificate), E –
Verification (Through Internet Banking) or Mobile OTP.
Click on „Proceed‟ after selecting available validating option. After validation, request for Form -13 will be submitted successfully.
an e-mail and SMS will be sent for submission of Form -13.
User can check the status under „Track Request Form-13‟ option available under „Statement/Forms‟ tab. User can cancel
the request if status is „Submitted to ITD‟ or „ Clarification required by AO‟.
3. Description for requested status „Request for Form 13-Resident with Mobile OTP
|In Progress||Request Form-13 is in progress, user need to click on status „In Progress‟ to start work.|
|Submitted to ITD||Status will be “Submitted to ITD” after final submission of Form-13.|
|Pending with AO||Status will be “Pending with AO” for approval|
|Clarification Required by AO||Status will be Clarification Required by AO, if AO wants some clarification from the user|
|Approved||Status will be Approved if AO has approved the request of Form-13 and 197 certificate will be available to download|
|Approved with Partial Rejection||Status will be Approved with partial rejection, if request is partially rejected for some TANs . Approved 197 certificate will be available to download.|
|Cancelled||Status will be cancelled if request is cancelled by the user before Approval.|
|Rejected||Status will be Rejected if request is rejected by AO or TDS CPC.|
4. Pictorial guide of Request for Form 13- Resident with Mobile OTP
Download Complete tutorial Click here