GST Offline Payments: Over the Counter
1. Can I make OTC Challan payments at any branch of the authorised banks?
Yes, OTC Challan payment/s can be made at any branch of the selected authorised bank. The details of these banks are available on the GST Portal.
2. What is the maximum amount that can be paid per Challan using Over the Counter (OTC) payment mode option?
One or more Over the Counter (OTC) Challans can be created, for any amount/s, within a tax period (calendar month/quarter), by any taxpayer.
3. Are Outstation Cheques accepted by banks for OTC payments?
Yes, Outstation Cheques (payable at par at all branches of bank) are accepted by banks for OTC payments.
4. For OTC payments, which date is treated as the payment deposit date? The date of deposit of Cheque/DD or the date of realization?
The date of realization is treated as the payment deposit date.
5. How long does it take for Cheque/DD payments to get updated in the GST Portal?
Cheque/ DD payments gets updated in the GST Portal as and when updated by the bank.
6. Who will issue the acknowledgement receipt on depositing Cash/Cheque/DD with a bank?
The respective bank’s branch shall issue the acknowledgement receipt.
7. How long does it take for cash payments to get updated in the GST System Portal?
Cash payments get updated in the GST System Portal as and when updated by the bank.