How to Verify TDS Certificate of Income Tax
Deductee can verify TDS Certificate (16/16A) with the help of “Verify TDS Certificate” option available at TRACES.
• Verification of TDS certificate enables Taxpayer to verify whether the deducted tax has actually been received by the Government or not.
• TDS Certificates (16/16A) can be verified from Assessment Year 2009-10 onwards at TRACES for Salary & Non Salary.
Choose compatible browser while accessing TRACES web portal. Recommended Browser versions are listed below :
Internet Explorer Version – 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Chrome Version – 52,53
Mozilla Firefox Version – 42,43.0.1
Steps to Verify TDS Certificate of Income Tax
• Taxpayer has to visit the website www.tdscpc.gov.in. TRACES homepage will appear, Click on “Continue” to proceed further.
• Step 1 : Login to TRACES website and select Taxpayer/PAO option then enter “User ID”, “Password”, and “Verification Code”
to proceed further. Landing page will be displayed on screen.
• Step 2: Click on “View / Verify Tax Credit” tab. Then click on “Verify TDS Certificate”.
• Step 3 : Mention “TAN of Deductor”, “TDS Certificate Number”, “Total amount deducted as per Certificate” select
“Assessment Year” and “Source of Income” and click on “Validate”. Please DO NOT copy /paste the data.
• Step 4 : Upon clicking on “Validate”, Details reflecting on TDS Certificate will appear on screen.