2019 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums
The IRS reminds tax professionals to sign up for this summer’s 2019 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums. Tax professionals attending can earn up to 19 continuing education credits.
The forums are three-day events featuring presentations by tax experts from the IRS and association partners. Topics on important tax issues currently facing tax professionals include cybersecurity, changes to the tax law, and ethics. Attendees have access to the Case Resolution Program and dozens of exhibitors. They also have the opportunity to hear directly from IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig, who is scheduled to deliver the keynote speech at all the forums.
Tax professionals can visit www.irstaxforum.com for more information and to register.
There are five IRS Nationwide Tax Forums in cities across the country. Each Forum features more than 40 seminars and workshops.
The IRS Nationwide Tax Forums are designed specifically for tax professionals, including:
- Enrolled agents
- Certified public accountants
- Certified financial planners
- Annual Filing Season Program participants
- Uncredentialled tax professionals
- Here are the dates, locations and registration deadlines for the five forums this year:
- National Harbor, Maryland, near Washington, D.C. – July 9-11
- Registration deadline: June 25
- Chicago – July 23-25
- Registration deadline: July 9
- New Orleans – Aug 6-8
- Registration deadline: July 23
- Orlando – Aug 13-15
- Registration deadline: July 30
- San Diego – Sept. 17-19
- Registration deadline: Sept. 3
Tax professionals who pre-register by June 15, 2019 will receive an early bird rate of $235 per person. The standard rate of $255 is available starting June 16, and ends two weeks prior to the start of each forum. Attendees registering on-site or after the deadlines will pay $370.
Other IRS News