Circular No.22/2020 Customs
F. No.450/119/2017-Cus IV
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs)
Circular No.22/2020 Customs
Room No.229A, North Block, New Delhi.
New Delhi, dated the 21st of April, 2020
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs & Central tax,
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs & Central tax,
Subject: IGST refunds on exports-extension in SB005 alternate mechanism- reg.
Kind reference is invited to Board`s Circulars 08/2018- Cus dt 23.03.2018, 15/2018- Cus dt 06.06.2018, 22/2018-Cus dt 18.07.2018, 40/2018-Cus dt 24.10.2018 and 26/2019-Cus dt 27.08.2019 on the above subject of SB005 error resolution.
2. The above Board circulars have been issued in the spirit of trade facilitation and as interim measures to help trade adapt and acclimatize to changing requirements in the GST era. However, representations have been received till today on the same subject issue. There are still numerous Shipping Bills having invoice mismatches between the GST returns data and the customs data presented along with the Shipping Bills resulting in SB005 error. This results in blocking of the IGST refund disbursal, which is otherwise fully automated, except for the refund scroll generation.
3. The matter has been re-examined. Considering that the entire country is facing unprecedented challenges due to the COVID 19 pandemic , and that the exporters are facing genuine hard-ships due to the SB005 errors, it has now been decided to extend the facility of SB005 error correction in the Customs EDI system for Shipping Bills with date upto 31.12.2019.
4. All members of the trade, exporters, shipping lines, customs brokers are duly advised again to make efforts to understand the problems due to mismatch of invoices resulting in SB005 error, and to invest time and due precautions for preventing such error in the future.
5. Suitable Trade Notice/ Standing order may please be issued to guide the trade and industry. Difficulty, if any, faced in implementation may be brought to the notice of Board immediately.
(Eric C Lallawmpuia)
OSD Cus IV
For latest Notification Refer Govt Website Click Here
- New GST refunds authority for Quick and Easy refund
- Automated GST refund for exporters From June 2019
- Recredit of Rejected GST Refund Claim to Electronic Credit Ledger
- New Rule for Claiming GST Refund of Supply to SEZ from 01.02.2019
- GST Refunds – Analysis
- List of Documents required for GST Refund Processing
- Advisory for Taxpayers to file GST Refund for Multiple Tax period
- No refund of GST Challan payment if wrong GSTIN mentioned
- GST Refund Application (By Embassies/ International Organizations)
- How to file GST Refund Application (By Embassies/ International Organizations) user manual