- 1 How can I download and install the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool in my system from the GST Portal?
- 1.1 GST offline utility for Return Filing : How to Download & Install
- 1.2 Uploading GST invoices using CSV templates : Video ,
- 1.3 How to upload GST invoices using excel templates
- 1.4 How to Add Invoices in GSTR 1 GST Return : Video
- 1.5 How to file GSTR 1 GST Return online : Video
- 1.6 GSTR 1 GST Return filing : 46 FAQ
- 1.7 GSTR 2A FAQs
- 1.8 GST Invoice Upload / Download on GST Portal : FAQ & User Manual
- 1.9 Related Topic on GST
How can I download and install the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool in my system from the GST Portal?
1. Login to the GST Portal www.gst.gov.in.
2. Go to Downloads > Offline Utilities > Returns Offline Utility > Download button.
The download of the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool usually takes 2-3 minutes to download depending on the Internet speed.
A confirmation message is displayed on the screen. Click the PROCEED button to download the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool from the GST Portal.
The Progress update page is displayed in a new browser tab. You can notice that the download is in progress.
Browse and select the location where you want to save the downloaded files.
( Note : In some machines, depending on your browser settings, the files are downloaded in the folder Downloads on your machine.)
3. Unzip the downloaded Zip file which contain Offline-Tool.exe setup file, Sample files folder, Readme.txt
and User Manual
• Offline-Tool.exe setup file for the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool to be installed in the local
machine (your computer).
• Sample files folder which contains the excel templates with some sample data which should be deleted and actual data should be captured for importing the same to the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool.
• Readme.txt explaining in detail the prerequisites (system and software requirements of the computer in which the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool is to be installed) for successful working of the tool.
Note: Ensure that the system requirements are met including the disk space of 50 MB.
• Invoice Upload Offline Tool User Manual.pdf to view the detailed steps and screenshots to upload the invoices through the tool.
4. Install the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool by double clicking the Offline-Tool.exe set up file
Browse the location where you want to save the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool files in your computer.
Note: Avoid installing the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool in the same location where you have saved
the zipped files.
5. Select the checkbox for Create a desktop icon to create an icon for the Invoice Upload/Download Offline
Tool on the desktop as a short cut. Click the Next button. The Offline Tool Logo will appear on the desktop.
( Setup will be installed along with the required software in your machine. The installation of the
Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool usually takes 2-3 minutes depending on the Internet and
System speed. )
Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool set up is completed. Ensure that both the checkboxes are selected
in order to start the tool. Click the Finish button.
6. Fill the invoice details in the Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool manually or use sample templates.
The Offline Tool icon will appear as shown below:
Important Note: – In case, User un-installs the Tool and re-installs the Tool, he should re-install at the same
location. In case, User re-installs the Tool on different location he has to restart the system so that Tool
refers to the new location. If user doesn’t restart the system, Invoice Upload/Download Offline Tool will refer
the old path and will not be able to open the project.
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Judgments||GST Judgments|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|
|GST History||GST History and Background Material|