Duplicate PAN Card : Common Questions
Instead of applying the Duplicate PAN Card , can I apply new PAN card number ?
A person cannot hold more than one PAN. If a PAN is allotted to a person, then he cannot apply for obtaining another PAN. A penalty of Rs. 10,000/- is liable to be imposed under Section 272B of the Income-tax Act, 1961 for having more than one PAN.
If a person has been allotted more than one PAN then he should immediately surrender the additional PAN card(s).
What is the form for applying Duplicate PAN Card ?
If the PAN card is lost then you can apply for duplicate PAN card by submitting the Form for “Request for New PAN Card or/ and Changes or Correction in PAN Data” and a copy of FIR may be submitted along with the form.
Where should i submit the form for applying Duplicate PAN Card ?
You should submit the form for Changes or Correction in PAN Data to TIN Facilitation Centres Cum PAN Centres
TIN Facilitation Centres Cum PAN Centres are available across the country
Can I Apply Duplicate PAN Card online ?
Yes Click to apply Duplicate PAN Card online
Where Should I send the documents if I apply online for Duplicate PAN Card ?
The acknowledgement duly signed, affixed with photograph (in case of ‘Individuals’) alongwith demand draft, if any, proof of existing PAN, proof of identity, address & date of birth(applicable for Individual & Karta of HUF) as specified in the application along with any other relevant proof as specified (in Item No.IV – Documents to be submitted along with the application ) is to be sent to NSDL at ‘NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016′.
Super scribe the envelope with ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST— N-Acknowledgment Number’ (e.g. ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST— N-881010200000097’).
Your acknowledgement, demand draft, if any, and proofs, should reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of online application.
Applications received with demand draft as mode of payment shall be processed only on receipt of relevant proofs and realization of payment.
Applications received with credit card / debit card / net banking as mode of payment shall be processed on receipt of relevant documents (acknowledgement and proofs).
I wants to apply Duplicate PAN Card, but I dont remember my PAN No ?
If the PAN card is lost and you don’t remember your PAN, then in such a case, you can know you PAN by using the facility of “Know Your PAN” provided by the Income Tax Department.
You can know your PAN online by providing the core details like Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth. After knowing the PAN you can apply for duplicate PAN card by submitting the “Request For New PAN Card Or/ And Changes Or Correction in PAN Data“.
What care I should take before applying for Duplicate PAN Card ?
- Do use form Request for New PAN Card Or/ And Changes Or Correction in PAN Data for reprint of PAN card or for making changes/correction in PAN data.
- Do fill the application in block letters in English and preferably with black ink.
- Do paste a recent colour photograph (size 3.5 cm X 2.5 cm).
- Do provide the signature within the box.
- Do mention correct PAN.
- If thumb impression is put on the application form, do get the thumb impression attested by Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
- Do attach Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of birth (PODB – applicable for Individuals & Karta of HUF) as per Rule 114 (4) of Income Tax Rules, 1962.
- Do make sure that, the Name mentioned in application matches exactly with name mentioned in POI, POA and PODB.
- Do tick the column where change is required.
- Do provide proof to support the requested change.
- Do write the complete postal address in the application with landmark.
- Do mention correct pin code in the address field.
- Do mention telephone number / e mail id.
- Do attach proof of PAN (copy of PAN card or PAN allotment letter issued by Income Tax Department, if any.) with the application.
- Do not overwrite or make corrections by canceling any data in the application.
- Do not pin or staple the photograph.
- Do not sign across the box (i.e. signature should not be spread outside the box).
- Do not provide POI, POA and PODB which are not in the name of applicant.
- Do not write any details (date, designation, rank, etc.) along with the signature in the box. Do not mention Husband’s name in the Father’s Name column.
- Do not use initials in first and last name field.
To who should i contact if I have any Query relating to Duplicate PAN Card ?
|Mode||Income Tax Department||NSDL|
|SMS||SMS NSDLPAN <space> Acknowledgement No. & send to|
57575 to obtain application status.
|Address||INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance|
Infrastructure Limited), 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey
No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bunglow Chowk, Pune – 411 016.