New Income Tax Rules for PAN Aadhaar Link , Rule 114AAA Income tax Rules from 01.04.2023
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 28th March, 2023
G.S.R.227(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by section 139AA read with section 295 of the Incometax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the
Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely: ‒
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Income-tax (Fourth Amendment) Rules, 2023.
(2) They shall come into force from the 1st day of April, 2023.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962, for rule 114AAA, the following rule shall be substituted, namely: —
“114AAA. Manner of making permanent account number inoperative.— (1) Where a person, who has been allotted the permanent account number as on the 1st day of July, 2017 and is required to intimate his Aadhaar number under sub-section (2) of section 139AA, has failed to intimate the same on or before the 31st day of March, 2022, the
permanent account number of such person shall become inoperative, and he shall be liable for payment of fee in
accordance with sub-rule (5A) of rule 114.
(2) Where the person referred to in sub-rule (1) has intimated his Aadhaar number under sub-section (2) of section
139AA after the 31st day of March, 2022, after payment of fee in accordance with sub-rule (5A) of rule 114, his permanent account number shall become operative within thirty days from the date of intimation of Aadhaar
(3) A person, whose permanent account number has become inoperative, shall be liable for further consequences
for the period commencing from the date as specified under sub-rule (4) till the date it becomes operative, namely:–
(i) refund of any amount of tax or part thereof, due under the provisions of the Act shall not be made;
(ii) interest shall not be payable on such refund for the period, beginning with the date specified under sub-rule (4)
and ending with the date on which it becomes operative;
(iii) where tax is deductible under Chapter XVIIB in case of such person, such tax shall be deducted at higher rate,
in accordance with provisions of section 206AA;
(iv) where tax is collectible at source under Chapter XVII-BB in case of such person, such tax shall be collected at
higher rate, in accordance with provisions of section 206CC:
(4) The provisions of sub-rule (3) shall have effect from the date specified by the Board.
(5) The Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems) or Director General of Income-tax (Systems) shall
specify the formats and standards along with the procedure for verifying the operational status of permanent
account number under sub-rule (1) and sub-rule (2).”.
[Notification No. 15/2023 F. No.370142/14/2022-TPL]
P. AMRUTHA VARSHINI, Under Secy.
Note.-The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section-3, Sub-section (ii)
vide number S.O. 969 (E), dated the 26th March, 1962 and last amended by the Income-tax (Third Amendment)
Rules, 2023, vide notification number G.S.R. 118(E) dated 21st February, 2023.
Download Click here