GST Registration Amendment
What are core fields while making Amendment under GST ?
Following fields of the registration application are called core fields.
• Name of the Business, (Legal Name) if there is no change in PAN
• Addition / Deletion of Stakeholders
• Principal Place of Business (other than change in State) or Additional Place of Business (other than change in State)
What are non-core fields ?
Fields of the registration application except legal name of the business, Addition/ deletion of stakeholder details and principal place of business or Additional place of business are called non-core fields.
Non-core fields are available for editing, and changes in it are auto populated in registration of the taxpayer. No approval is required from the Tax Official if any amendments are made to these fields by the taxpayers.
. Can amendments be made to the information submitted in the GST Registration Application?
Once the applicant is registered under GST, the need for amendments in registration may arise due to several factors such as a change in address, change in contact number, change in business details and so on. In order to amend any information post registration, the taxpayer needs to file an Application for Amendment of Registration.
Application for Amendment of Registration, can be categorized in two types:
- Application for Amendment of Core fields in Registration
- Application for Amendment of Non-Core fields in Registration
Amendment of Non-Core Fields
How can I apply for change in non-core fields information submitted during registration?
Amendment to Non-Core fields does not require approval by the Tax Official. All fields other than Core fields are Non-core fields. Examples of non-core fields are details of the authorized signatory, modification of Stake holder details like promoter partner karta etc. The amended information is submitted by the Registrant and is updated in the registration particulars of the taxpayers in GST database automatically.
To amend the information provided in the non-core fields during registration, you need to perform the following steps:
1. Access the www.gst.gov.in URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
2. Login to the GST Portal with valid credentials.
3. Click the Services > Registration > Amendment of Registration Non – Core Fields link.
4. The application form for editing is displayed and non-core fields is available in editable form. Edit the details in the desired tab.
5. In the Verification tab, select the Verification checkbox.
6. In the Name of Authorized Signatory drop-down list, select the authorized signatory.
7. In the Place field, enter the name of the place.
8. After filling the application for Amendment of Registration, you need to digitally sign the application using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)/ E-Signature or EVC.
On submission of application for amendment of registration, a message of successful submission of application is displayed. You will receive the acknowledgement in next 15 minutes on your registered e-mail address and mobile phone number. SMS and email will be sent to the primary authorized signatory intimating ARN and successful filing of the Form.
Amendment to Non-Core fields is auto approved and does not require any processing by the Tax Official.
Related GST FAQ
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Judgments||GST Judgments|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|
|GST History||GST History and Background Material|