Section – 38 of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016
[ Comes into Force w.e.f 15.12.2016 vide Notification No S.O. 3687(E) Dated 09.12.2016 ]
Consolidation of claims.
38. (1) The liquidator shall receive or collect the claims of creditors within a period of thirty days from the date of the commencement of the liquidation process.
(2) A financial creditor may submit a claim to the liquidator by providing a record of such claim with an information utility:
Provided that where the information relating to the claim is not recorded in the information utility, the financial creditor may submit the claim in the same manner as provided for the submission of claims for the operational creditor under sub-section (3).
(3) An operational creditor may submit a claim to the liquidator in such form and in such manner and along with such supporting documents required to prove the claim as may be specified by the Board.
(4) A creditor who is partly a financial creditor and partly an operational creditor shall submit claims to the liquidator to the extent of his financial debt in the manner as provided in sub-section (2) and to the extent of his operational debt under sub-section (3).
(5) A creditor may withdraw or vary his claim under this section within fourteen days of its submission.