The IRS office of Indian Tribal Governments has updated Publication 4268, Employment Tax for Indian Tribal Governments (PDF). The revised publication:
- Provides information to tribes regarding employment tax matters as they pertain to federally recognized Indian tribes and their wholly-owned entities.
- Assists tribal entities in meeting their federal employment tax responsibilities.
- Provides key information on special topics related to tribal entities.
- Includes tips for maintaining good records and hyperlinks to the IRS publications and forms mentioned in the guide.
- Includes information about the Tribal Social Security Fairness Act of 2018.