E-WAY BILL SYSTEM
Verification of Vehicle number in EWB Portal
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What is verification of vehicle number in EWB Portal?
Ans: E-Way bill has been integrated with Vahan System of Transport Department. Vehicle number entered in e-way bill will now be verified with the Vahan System. If Vehicle no. is not available in the Vahan system user will get ‘Alert Message’ about the non-availability of vehicle number in vahan database. However, later, such vehicle numbers will not be allowed for the
generation of e-way bill.
2. Why am I getting alert message when I enter vehicle number in E-way Bill?
Ans: The vehicle number entered in the EWB is not available in Vahan Database, you are requested to check and update the vehicle registration with your concerned Regional Transport Office (RTO), otherwise after sometime this vehicle number will not be allowed for e-way bill generation.
3. When I enter Vehicle number, I get a message that Vehicle is registered in more than one RTO, what should I do ?
Ans: This message indicates that the Vehicle details are found in more than one RTOs. You need to approach your RTO and request for updation of the office. Once the details are updated this message will not appear again. Not doing so , later it will be treated as Vehicle no. is not existent and may not be allowed for e-waybill generation.
4. In spite of having a Valid RC of my Vehicle, I am getting alert message from e-waybill portal. What can I do?
Ans: In case, Vehicle number entered in the e-waybill is registered and system still showing ‘Alert Message’ it is suggested to reach to your concerned RTO. Once the vehicle details are updated in Vahan system, the status in e-Waybill system will subsequently get updated.
5. How do I check my vehicle number is available in Vahan system?
Ans: Vahan System provides a nationwide search over the digitized data of Registered Vehicles.
You can always check your vehicle number in Vahan system below;
6. I am unable to find my vehicle details on Vahan. How to get vehicle details added to the Vahan System?
Ans: You need to visit your RTO with original RC and other documents and get the details updated in the Vahan Database.
7. I am moving vehicles with Temporary Registration. Will these Vehicle numbers be allowed for e-waybill registration.
Ans: If the Vehicle number is with temporary registration, the details are not verified and enter the temporary number starting with TR.
8. Details of my Vehicle number are shown in Vahan website, however, in e-way bill portal it shows not available. What should I do ?
Ans: You can contact the E-way bill Helpdesk and submit your grievance. Specify the Vehicle number which is there in Vahan system but not available in e-way bill portal.