Online Payments: Net Banking
1. What is the payment process using the Net Banking E-Payment mode option?
User must have an account with any authorised bank with the Internet Banking (Netbanking) facility activated on it.
2. Which banks provide Internet Banking (Netbanking) payment facility for making payments on GST Portal?
Net Banking payment facility of following authorized banks is available on the GST Portal. The bank details are available under Help > How can we help you > Payments > List of Authorised Banks.
3. Do banks levy any additional surcharge on Netbanking payments?
For Internet Banking (Netbanking) Payments, there is no surcharge levied by any bank.
Online Payments Modes
1. What are the online modes of payments available for making payments on the GST Portal?
Two types of online modes of payment are available for making payments on the GST Portal:
(Note: E-Payment refers to payments which are made online through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card)
Internet Banking (Pay online)
The Internet Banking or Netbanking option allows you to make a payment from your online banking account directly. When you use this payment option, you are redirected to your bank’s website to provide your user credentials and make the payment. Upon successful payment confirmation from Bank, the amount is instantly credited to your Electronic Cash Ledger.
Credit or Debit Card (Pay online)
You can make GST payments from your credit or debit card. When you use this payment option, you are redirected to your payment gateway’s website to provide your card details and make the payment. Upon successful payment confirmation from Bank, the amount is instantly credited to your Electronic Cash Ledger.
2. While making an online payment, I mentioned the correct GSTIN but name of the dealer was mentioned incorrectly. How can I get the credit of the taxes paid?
This contingency will never occur, if you make the online payments because when you enter the GSTIN as your login ID then the name of the taxpayer populates automatically in the Challan. Credit is given to the taxpayer on the basis of GSTIN and not on the basis of name because there can be more than one taxpayer having the same name of the business.