1. What is GSTR-6A?
GSTR-6A is a system generated ‘draft’ Statement of Inward Supplies for a Receiver Taxpayer.
GSTR-6A is a read only form. Taxpayer cannot take any action in GSTR-6A. GSTR-6A for a particular tax period changes based on the details uploaded by the counter party supplier till ISD taxpayer submits the GSTR-6 for the same tax period.
2. When can I view GSTR-6A of a tax period?
1. When the counterparty has not submitted/filed GSTR-1: Any/all invoices uploaded by Supplier Taxpayers in their GSTR-1 will be visible in the GSTR-6A and the same can also be viewed in the GSTR-6 of the recipient.
2. When the counterparty has submitted/filed their return: When the counterparty has submitted/filed their return, the invoices available in the GSTR-6A will continue to be available for viewing. Additionally, Receiver Taxpayers will be able to take action on the invoices in GSTR-6. The ACCEPT/REJECT buttons against invoices will be enabled for action. The information available in GSTR-6A will also be available in GSTR-6.
3. Do I have to file the GSTR-6A?
No, you don’t have to file the GSTR-6A. It is a read-only document provided to you so that you have a record of all the invoices received from various supplier taxpayers in a given tax period.
4. Can I download and keep a copy of my GSTR-6A for future reference?
Yes, GSTR-6A for a given tax period will be available for viewing and/or downloading in your post-login section of the GST portal.
5. Can I make changes to or add an invoice in my GSTR-6A in case there are any errors or omission in the details uploaded by my supplier taxpayers?
No, you cannot make any changes to the GSTR-6A, as it is a read-only document. The information displayed in GSTR-6A is also available in GSTR-6 and any/all actions must be taken in the GSTR-6 by the receiver.
6. Where are details available in GSTR-6A?
The details in GSTR-6A are:
Input tax credit received for distribution: To view details of input tax credit received for distribution.
Debit / Credit notes (including amendments thereof) received during current tax period: To view details of debit or credit notes received during current tax period.
7. How do I know if there are any details auto-populated in my GSTR-6A?
An alert in the form of an email and a message on the dashboard will be sent to the taxpayer when any new details are auto-populated into GSTR-6A.
Related Topic on GST
|GST Acts||Central GST Act and States GST Acts|
|GST Rules||GST Rules|
|GST Forms||GST Forms|
|GST Rates||GST Rates|
|GST Notifications||GST Act Notifications|
|GST Circulars||GST Circulars|
|GST Judgments||GST Judgments|
|GST Press Release||GST Press Release|
|GST Books||Best Books on GST in India|
|GST Commentary||Topic wise Commentary on GST Act of India|
|GST You Tube Channel||TaxHeal You Tube Channel|
|GST Online Course||Join GST online Course|
|GST History||GST History and Background Material|