Guide to SEBI – Capital Issues, Debentures & Listing (Set of 2 Volumes) Hardcover – 23 Dec 2016 by
Guide to SEBI, Capital Issues, Debentures and Listing is an encyclopedia on the conceptual, legal and procedural framework of the Indian capital market and securities laws, with complete coverage of the statutory provisions on the subject including rules, regulations, committee reports, guidance notes, relevant circulars, forms, agreements, compliance and procedural checklists, board resolutions, general meeting resolutions and frequently asked questions. Taking into consideration the sweeping changes over the last 14 years, this book has been entirely revamped and rewritten to reflect the current legal and regulatory framework of the Indian capital market. This fourth edition consists of 89 chapters divided into 15 parts covering the latest legal position under major Acts such as the SEBI Act, 1992, Securities (Contracts) Regulation Act, 1956, Depositories Act, 1996, SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 and the relevant portions of the Companies Act, 2013 and Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.
• Commentary on the SEBI Act, 1992, the SEBI ICDR Regulations and the SEBI Regulations for issue and listing of debt securities.
• Analysis of relevant provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 relating to shares, debentures, capital issues and corporate governance.
• Thoroughly updated with key judicial and legislative developments.
• Detailed procedures for public issues, rights issues, private placements, preferential allotment, QIP issue, ESOPs and GDR issues.
• Incisive analysis of the SEBI Takeover Regulations, SEBI (Buyback of Securities) Regulations and SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations.
• Elaborate treatment of SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015.
• Exhaustive discussion of the Securities (Contracts) Regulation Act, 1956, Depositories Act, 1996 and the rules and regulations issued thereunder.
• Extensive coverage of foreign direct investment, foreign portfolio investment, euro issues and external commercial borrowings, mutual funds, alternative investment funds, real estate investment trusts and infrastructure investment trusts.
• This thoroughly revised edition will be an invaluable reference guide to companies, legal practitioners and law firms, merchant bankers, SEBI, stock exchanges, company secretaries, chartered accountants, banks and financial institutions, depositories and depository participants, registrar and securities transfer agents, debenture trustees, stock brokers, foreign portfolio investors, mutual funds, alternative investment funds, portfolio managers, investment advisors, investors and all professionals connected with the securities market. It will also be useful for institutions such as ICAI, ICSI, judicial academies, law colleges and universities.
Price Rs 4918. Click to buy online
- Hardcover: 5276 pages
- Publisher: Lexis Nexis; 2017 Fourth edition (23 December 2016)
About the Author
K Sekhar is a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and an associate member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and the Institute of Cost Accountants of India. He holds the rare distinction of passing Chartered Accountancy, Cost Accountancy and Company Secretary ship at the age of just 23, with all India ranks in Chartered Accountancy and Cost Accountancy and has a diploma in Journalism as well. He is presently associated with a leading international group as Senior Vice President – Legal and Company Secretary.
In a distinguished career spanning 33 years, Sekhar has acquired a wealth of experience in the areas of company law, securities laws, corporate finance, fund raising from capital market, joint ventures and private equity, mergers, demergers and acquisitions, foreign direct investment, investment banking, depository services, contracts drafting and management, compliance management, litigation management, domestic and international arbitration and corporate governance.
Sekhar was the Chairman of the Eastern India Regional Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India in 2005. His articles have appeared in various professional journals and newspapers. Sekhar has been a regular speaker at seminars and workshops organized by various professional bodies. He combines a rare blend of academic erudition, professional skills and expertise and extensive experience in diverse areas such as corporate laws, securities laws, capital market, business restructuring, private equity and litigation management.