The Finance Minister Shri Jaitley further said that there are lot of expectations from this new insolvency mechanism and sure that it will deliver the desired results in years to come.
Earlier, the Union Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Shri Jaitley handed-over the Certificates of Registration to these two Insolvency Professional Agency (IPA) companies.
An Insolvency Professional Agency is a front line regulator for the insolvency professionals. It enrolls professional members, lays down standards of professional conduct for them and monitors their performance. It also redresses the grievances of consumers against its members.
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has granted registration to the following two Section 8 (not-for-profit) companies to act as insolvency professional agencies (IPAs) under the IBBI (Insolvency Professional Agencies) Regulations, 2016:
a. Indian Institute of Insolvency Professionals of ICAI, and
b. ICSI Insolvency Professionals Agency.
With the notification of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Insolvency Professionals) Regulations, 2016, the IPAs can start enrolling the professional members from 29th November, 2016. This takes one step closer to implementation of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- Registration of Insolvency Professional Agencies Regulations 2016
- Model Bye-Laws and Governing Board of Insolvency Professional Agencies Regulations 2016
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India notifies two Regulations
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016 Notified by Govt
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016 Analysis