MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 1st December, 2016
S.O. 3605(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, the ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’, a Commission constituted by the State Government of Maharashtra, in respect of the following specified income arising to that Commission, namely:-
1. Fees for Annual Licence;
2. Interest on Fixed Deposit and Savings Account;
3. Fees for Application / Petition filed;
4. Grants from Government of Maharashtra;
5. Fees for Documents;
6. Penalty for delayed payment of Annual Licence Fees;
7. Fees for RTI;
8. Sale of scrap.
2. This notification shall be applicable for the above specified income of the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission for the financial years 2015-16 to 2019-20.
3. This Notification shall be effective subject to the following conditions, namely:-
(a) the ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’ does not engage in any commercial activity;
(b) the activities and the nature of the specified income of ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’ remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
(c) the ‘Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission’ files returns of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Act, Income-tax Act, 1961.
[Notification No. 110/2016/F. No.196/38/2015-ITA-I]
DEEPSHIKHA SHARMA, Director