Track Payment Status
1. How can a taxpayer can get information regarding the status of payment/s made?
Taxpayers will be intimated regarding the payment status by SMS, E-mail and the same will also be updated on the GST Portal (www.gst.gov.in) In the pre-login mode, taxpayers can track their payments using the Track Payment Status facility on the GST portal under Services > Payments > Track Payment Status.
In the post-login mode, taxpayers can access their Challan History under Services > Payments > Challan History.
2. What are different payment status types?
1. Initiated – If no intimation has been received from Bank (during the re-ping in case of E-payment)
2. Paid – CIN received by taxpayer and status updated on portal as PAID
3. Not Paid – default status on challan generation
4. Failed – Failure of any online transaction initiated by taxpayer
5. Paid at tax Office – When taxpayer makes payment at Commercial Tax Office counter (Enforcement Activity).
6. Awaiting Bank Confirmation – In case of Internet Banking (Maker-Checker) till the time Checker authenticates the transaction
7. Awaiting Bank Clearance – Instrument (cheque/DD) deposited in case of Over The Counter mode
8. Expired – No payment initiated within 15 days of generation of challan
9. Cheque/DD Dishonored – Instrument dishonored due to insufficient funds or any other reason
10. Transaction Failed – On failure of transaction initiated through Internet Banking or Credit Card/Debit Card.
11. MoE Reversal – Memorandum of Error not in favor of taxpayer